Monday, June 21, 2010

A Scare

"Claire Bear" has given us a good fright lately. 4 times so far, she has stopped breathing...as though she is choking on something. It has frightened me so bad. And, of course, my worst fear is that she is going to do it while she is sleeping. Her pediatrician wanted to see her right away, and they checked her out and mentioned several things that may be causing it. I was sent home with some drops to help clear her nose and such, but they were very stern when saying if it happens again, she will need to be taken to the ER at Primary Children's. She is so fragile and so precious. I know she will be just fine, and she just needs to mature a little more, but it is still so frightening.
We love you little bug.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Momma Fish said...

Oh my word. I hope everything is ok. That is so scary!

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I was watching the video of Cadence right after she was born and it made me cry to hear her struggling with her breathing, even though she is home now and I know she is okay it was still hard to watch. To a degree I know what you're going thru. I am so so sorry. I will definately keep her in my prayers. These little babies are so strong, she will get thru it. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Julie Knowlton said...

Ugh. I hate that. It can be so unnerving how fragile little babies are at times. We will keep her in our prayers...

The Hunt's said...

i-yi-yi. i agree with julie, while they are the sweetest little packages around when they are teeny, it's almost better to have them a titch bigger when they're not so fragile. we'll keep you in our prayers.

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh! I hope she gets over that, even if it's just to calm your nerves. Hope it gets better.

Isom Family said...

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear about little Claire! I hope she improves soon and you can have some piece of mind. We'll be thinking of you and your little one. I wish there was something I could do for you. Keep us updated.

Melissa said...

Oh man I would be a wreck! I hope everything starts getting better so so soon. I'll keep little sweet pea in my prayers.

jen said...

Geez... that is seriously so frightening!! I'm sorry you've been dealing with that. We will be praying for her sweet little self... keep us all posted.

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

Oh my. I hope everything is ok. It's so scary when these things happen to precious babies. Thank heavens for medicine & Doctors & amazing parents like you guys!

Lindsey M. said...

That darling little girl will be in our prayer.